Detroit in the Dresdenverse
Grand Circus Park
Grand Circus Park is in downtown Detroit, Mi. It is bisected by Woodward Avenue & lies four blocks North of Campus Martius Park. The park was established by the city in 1850. The grounds include several pieces of antique statuary and old-fashioned fountains.
|The Russell Alger Memorial Fountain anchors the eastern half of the half-moon shaped park. (In reality, the fountain is a woman done in the beautiful classical style statue representing the State of Michigan that Alger served for more than 20 years. She wears a crown of laurel. Her right arm is firmly raised in greeting but her left hand holds both a sword and a shield that displays the Great Seal of the State of Michigan (as seen on the left). However, in our game, the statue looks like a classical roman soldier wielding a spear pointing downward (as seen on the right).)|