Detroit in the Dresdenverse
Ste Anne de Detroit
Ste. Anne de Détroit Catholic Church, founded July 26, 1701, is the second oldest continuously operating Roman Catholic parish in the United States. The current church, built in 1886, is located at 1000 Ste. Anne St. in Detroit, Michigan near the Richard-Hubbard neighborhood area, the Ambassador Bridge, and the Michigan Central Station. Historically, the parish community has occupied eight different buildings.
The main entry to the Church faces a grand tree-lined, bricked plaza, upon which four gargoyles guard entrance to the church.
The church contains many relics, most from the previous buildings the church previously presided within. Amongst the treasures found there are:
- the cornerstone of the 1818 stone church
- the main altar
- the intricately hand carved communion rail
- the “Beaubien Bell”
- the statue of Ste. Anne and her daughter, Mary
Rumor has it that at least 1 coin of the Knights of the Blackened Denarius can be found here, although this has not been confirmed.